Wednesday 28 April 2010

Help Make the World Mini- 7 continents of the world

After re thinking how i am going to tackle this concept, I came up with the idea of using the 7 continents of the world. Not only did I feel this was a less complicated way of portraying the concept of making the world mini, but also I have decided to make this campaign more hands on as well, in order to help the audience engage more. The idea is to have a campaign advertising a competition, where the public can design one or more of the 7 continent of the world minis. After this competition there will be a traveling exhibition of the final 7 chosen minis, where the 7 will be recreated to a real mini, along side all the entries as well. This means I am able to expand this brief designing all the promotional material for the exhibition as well.

The first initial step was to design the posters for this campaign. My first initial ideas are below....

The first step I took was to look at using the map of the world...

After reviewing this first initial design, I felt the map was too compliacated so I decided to simplify the map of the world, by jsut outlining the 7 key continents, which can be seen below...


I then decided to use a different colour for each continents, make it easier for the audience to relate to...



Exploration of layouts and scales...






I do feel the idea is developing, but after reviewing the designs above I think they can be pushed a lot further..... 







No comments:

Post a Comment